What is APA Format? In an attempt to establish formatting and stylistic rules for professional writing, and to increase the ease of reading and essay or research paper, The American Psychological Association (APA) has released six versions of the APA Manual since 1929. Because many students struggle to remember all the details of the APA style and how to cite APA references, I have written and easy to follow, step-by-step, example based guide to building a Title Page, an Abstract, the Body of your paper, and a Reference page by answering the major questions of writing an APA style paper:
- What is APA formatting?
- How to organize an essay or research paper.
- How to outline information you’ve already gathered. – How to write an essay or research paper from an outline.
- Steps for writing an essay with greater clarity and precision.
- Building citations within your paper and on your Reference page.
Buy APA Made Easy on directly on Amazon.com
Also included in this guide:
- A step-by-step illustrated guide to format an APA document in both Microsoft Word 2010, Word 2013, Word 2011 for Mac and Apple’s Pages ’09.
- Numerous APA examples and high resolution screen shots to help students correctly format documents within 15 minutes.
- Access to premium content at youversustheworld.com where you can download APA templates and writing guides.
- Tips for adding clarity to any writing style including: How to write your paper with greater “flow” of thought and a Quick Reference guide for writing coherence.
- Specific examples that cover how to cite new media such as blog posts, emails, websites, online lectures, computer programs, and much more.
- Formatting instructions for writing scientific papers, including instructions for using charts, appendices, and tables.
- A new section on using and citing DOI’s (Digital Object Identifiers) for new media.